A homeless Gainesville woman was arrested Sunday for throwing items from a Circle K shelf after being told the gas station’s phone was broken, Gainesville Police said.

Around 5 a.m., Diane Denise Thompson, 44, went to the Circle K at 1515 N. Main St. and asked to use a phone, according to a police report. A store employee then told her she couldn’t use the phone because it was broken, at which point Thompson became agitated.

She started knocking over product displays and throwing things from the shelves of the store, according to the report.

Thompson cursed and screamed at three people inside the store, and she had to be physically restrained by two people to keep her from causing further damage, according to the report.

Police arrived about five minutes after the incident started and saw her struggling with store employees and knocking items off shelves, according to the report.

Thompson, who was trespassed from the store on Aug. 1, was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and trespassing after warning.

Authorities took her to the Alachua County Jail, where she was released on her own recognizance Monday. As of press time, she could not be reached for comment.