Investigators don’t suspect foul play after Gainesville Police found a body Wednesday afternoon in a Southwest Gainesville swamp.

At about 2:30 p.m., a resident called police to report that while walking his dog, he found a dead body in a swampy area, located on the power line access trail east of Southwest 42nd Street and north of 20th Avenue, GPD spokesman Officer Ben Tobias wrote in an email.

Investigators believe the man got stuck in the swamp and died, Tobias said.

As of press time, police didn’t know the man’s identity, but Tobias said they believe him to be a man reported missing last month.

***

A Hawthorne woman was killed early Wednesday after her car flipped.

At about 2:10 a.m. Sadie Roxanne Masters, 40, was driving north on County Road 234 near Northeast Seventh Avenue when her 2012 Chevrolet Impala flipped on the east shoulder of the road, according to a Florida Highway Patrol report. The car landed on its roof.

Masters was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident. It is unclear what caused the accident, but the crash involved alcohol, according to the report. 

The medical examiner will conduct a toxicology report, FHP spokeswoman Sgt. Tracy Hisler-Pace wrote in an email.

[A version of this story ran on page 3 on 2/5/2015 under the headline “Police: Dead body found in swamp; crash has fatal end"]