A Gainesville man who ran away after reportedly breaking into an apartment Wednesday night was arrested Friday afternoon.

According to an Alachua County Sheriff’s report, Shaquille Cortez Lyons, 19, ran away after he and Taylor William Killingsworth, 23, broke into a Grove Villas apartment just before 6 p.m. Wednesday. The two masked gunmen stole an unknown amount of marijuana and money from the apartment before one of the residents shot and killed Killingsworth, according to the report. Lyons then stripped his clothes and ran away.

Deputies found Lyons walking 30 minutes after the robbery within a half mile from the apartment, according to the report. Because the deputies didn’t have an inaccurate physical description, Lyons was not arrested Wednesday, said sheriff’s office spokeswoman Sgt. Becky Butscher.

Deputies found clothing and a glass container with marijuana near the apartment Wednesday. Lyons told deputies the clothing was his, but he denied any involvement in the robbery.

Two cell phones belonging to Lyons and Killingsworth were found inside Killingsworth’s empty car outside of the apartment, according to the report. 

Lyons’ cell phone, which he told police was his, contained messages between Lyons and Killingsworth planning the robbery, according to the report.

Lyons was taken to the Alachua County Jail shortly after 5 p.m. Friday on charges of criminal attempt to solicit and conspire as well as home invasion with a firearm. 

As of press time, he remained in lieu of a $350,000 bond.

[A version of this story ran on page 8 on 1/20/2015 under the headline “Police: Escaped man from Wednesday robbery found, arrested"]