Generic Crime

Gainesville Police arrested a local man Sunday morning after they said he threatened to shoot a family, including two young boys, ages 14 and 8.

At about 12:30 a.m., Bryan Moring, 30, refused to leave after a party, causing a fight between him and a father, according to a police report.

The same man who fought Moring then grabbed a gun from Moring’s waistband and threw it to his nearby wife, according to the report. Moring had showed off the gun several times throughout the night.

Moring then threatened to return with a new gun and shoot the man and his family, according to the report.

When questioned by police, Moring said he did not own the loaded .45-caliber handgun, nor did he fight the man, according to the report. His cuts and scratches, he told police, we’re probably caused by falling down.

Since 2008, Moring has been found guilty of carrying a concealed firearm, possessing less than 20 grams of marijuana, possessing cocaine and possessing drug paraphernalia, according to Alachua County court records,

Police arrested Moring on the charges of cruelty toward a child, battery and possession of a gun by a convicted felon.

Authorities took him to the Alachua County Jail where, as of press time, he remains in lieu of a $150,000 bond.