Gainesville Police arrested a man Friday for trying to steal more than $1,000 worth of merchandise from the Macy’s department store at The Oaks Mall.

At about 1 p.m., Trai Curtis Williams, 18, grabbed 13 items, including several pieces of clothing, from the store, located at 6671 W. Newberry Road, according to a police report.

Williams hid the merchandise, worth about $1,110, in a Macy’s bag and walked past all of the cash registers without paying, according to the report. When a loss-prevention employee approached him, Williams resisted him and started trying to pull away.

The loss-prevention officer then handcuffed him and recovered the items Williams attempted to take, according to the report.

After GPD arrived, the officer found two small bags filled with eight grams of marijuana in Williams’ pants pocket, according to the report. They found a small digital scale in the same pocket.

Police arrested Williams, who admitted to trying to take the Macy’s products without paying, on charges of resisting merchant detainment, grand theft between $300 and $4,999, possessing less than 20 grams of weed and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Authorities took him to the Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $39,000 bond.