For the second time in a week, police charged a man Friday for breaking a window at Fat Daddy’s.

At about 2 a.m. Friday, Gainesville Police arrested Jesse Lindsey Roberts III, a 23-year-old Lake City resident, after he tried to get into fights with patrons of the Midtown bar, according to a police report.

As bar security officers removed Roberts from Fat Daddy’s, located at 1702 W. University Ave., he struck one of them before being forced outside, according to the report.

One bouncer, who declined to give his name, said Roberts had ripped up his own shirt before leaving.

“(Roberts) was definitely on some kind of drugs or something,” he said.

When a bouncer locked the bar's doors behind him, Roberts threatened to kill him, according to the report. A bouncer later told police he feared Roberts would follow through with his threat.

Roberts broke the frame of the bar’s back door and then punched its glass window, breaking it, according to the report. He ran westbound on West University Avenue as a bouncer chased him.

University Police then detained Roberts before GPD arrested him, according to the report.

Police charged Roberts with simple assault and battery. Authorities took him to the Alachua County Jail where he was released Friday on his own recognizance.

Roberts could not be immediately reached for comment.