Generic Crime
Generic Crime

University Police arrested a UF student Saturday evening after she reportedly lashed out against an officer at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

About 7 p.m., during the UF 38-10 win over the University of Mississippi, Annelise Birrittella, 21, reportedly sat against a stadium wall while swaying, crying and flailing her arms, according to a police report.

An officer reportedly found Birrittella after a patron informed him of an unconscious woman on the ground.

He smelled alcohol on Birrittella’s breath and listened to her slurred speech before trying to remove her from the stadium for intoxication, according to the report.

Birrittella started running into people, flailing and cursing as the officer brought her toward the booking room, according to the report. She then sat down and refused to move until the officer used a wrist-lock technique to gain control.

Birrittella is listed as a student in the UF directory.

Once in the booking room, Birrittella and the officer reportedly struggled and fell into a desk. She was then handcuffed with the help of two more officers.

Police arrested Birrittella on charges of disorderly intoxication, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.

Authorities took her to the Alachua County Jail where she was released Sunday afternoon on her own recognizance.

As of press time, Birrittella did not return requests for comment.

Birrittella was one of five people University Police arrested during the football game. Police also ejected 62 people, 15 of whom were students. Birrittella was reportedly the only student arrested.

Nineteen ejections were for alcohol possession, followed by 19 for disorderly conduct, seven for intoxication, three for switching tickets, three for sitting in the wrong section, three for smoking, five for not having a ticket and three for standing on a seat. Two arrests were listed as trespassing after a warning, two for possession of marijuana and one for disorderly conduct.

Contact Giuseppe Sabella at gsabella@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @gsabella