A Gainesville man was arrested on charges of aggravated child abuse after police say he beat his son shortly before 11 p.m. Friday.

The 15-year-old victim fled his home at 3301 SW 13th St. to a nearby corner store for help. He had swollen eyes, a bloody lip and gashes on the back of his head after he said his father, Arthur M. Clark Jr., beat his head into the floor.

The teenager then called Gainesville Police. The victim told officers Clark also grabbed him by the throat, GPD spokesman Officer Ben Tobias said in an email, almost causing him to pass out.

Officers said Clark, 35, told them his son was disrespectful, which he said prompted the beating.

GPD officers responded to a call regarding a disturbance among neighbors Saturday at about 6 p.m.

Adalia Barner, 23, was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a firearm at 110 SE 15th St. after she pointed a handgun at two neighbors, Tobias said.

The two parties got into a oral argument after Barner and her sister confronted their upstairs neighbors about being too noisy.

“Who ever wants some can get some,” Barner said to the victims that evening as she stood in their doorway, according to the report.

Officers retrieved the weapon and placed Barner under arrest.

Barner’s bond is currently set at $50,000.

A Gainesville woman was charged with driving under the influence and causing property damage after police say she was involved in a traffic crash at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday.

Natasha A. Morea hit the rear end of a van traveling on Northeast Waldo Road at the 1200 block, causing the van to overturn, Tobias said. GPD officers said the 35-year-old smelled of alcohol, according to a report.

After refusing to perform field sobriety exercises, Morea gave breath samples of 0.184 and 0.195. The legal limit is 0.08.

[A version of this story ran on page 4 on 9/22/2014 under the headline "Police roundup: child abuse; DUI; assault"]