Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Kissimmee woman was arrested Tuesday night after police said she threatened to stab a man with scissors.

At about 11 p.m. Tuesday, Dasia Nicole McQueen, 19, used scissors to scratch the back of a truck in the Greyhound bus station, located in the 100 block of NE 23rd Ave., according to a police report.

She also punched the truck’s side mirror, creating about $100 in total damages, according to the report.

McQueen then tried to stab the truck’s owner with scissors, but the man outran her, according to the report.

Police arrested McQueen and she later moved her cuffed hands to the front of her body while in the police car, according to the report.

At the Alachua County Jail, McQueen stepped out of the car and attacked an officer, scratching his face and biting his arm, according to the report.

Then, as a corrections officer walked McQueen through the jail, McQueen spit on him.

It is not known whether McQueen was under the influence of a substance or if she was just upset, Gainesville Police spokesman Officer Ben Tobias wrote in an email.

In total, police charged McQueen with two counts of battery on an officer, one count of aggravated assault and one count of criminal mischief. As of press time, she remains in jail in lieu of a $140,000 bond.

Contact Martin Vassolo at mvassolo@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @martindvassolo.