<p>John Wesley Mosley Jr.</p>

John Wesley Mosley Jr.

Gainesville Police arrested a Florida man Thursday morning after they said he masturbated in a bush.

At about 1 a.m. Thursday, witnesses saw John Wesley Mosley Jr., 22, standing at the intersection of Northwest Sixth Avenue and Northwest 17th Street, according to a police report.

After hearing the witnesses’ accounts, police believed Mosley to be the same suspect from an Aug. 23 indecent exposure case in which a man was seen masturbating at the same intersection, according to the report.

Mosley was also driving a Chevy Malibu, the same make of car described by witnesses after an Aug. 26 incident that involved someone masturbating in their car at a nearby location, according to the report.

Police followed Mosley closely as he drove on Northwest 13th Street and spoke to him after he parked the car on the south side of Northwest Seventh Avenue, according to the report.

He denied being at the intersection and told police he had been eating pizza with friends in Midtown. But after police told Mosley witnesses saw him at the intersection, he said he may have stopped there to “check his tires,” according to the report.

After searching Moseley, police noticed “an inordinate amount of napkins” on the driver’s seat and on the floor, along with wet spots on his sweatpants, according to the report.

Police arrested Mosley on charges of loitering or prowling. Authorities took him to the Alachua County Jail where he was released Thursday on a $5,000 bond.

John Wesley Mosley Jr.