Gainesville Police arrested a local man on Tuesday for storing nearly 3 ounces of cocaine in his pockets and underwear and running from officers.   

Officers arrested 38-year-old Xavier Queyonta Hill on charges of trafficking cocaine, resisting an officer with violence and possessing marijuana, according to an arrest report.

On Tuesday at about 7 p.m., Gainesville Police officers made a traffic stop on a car that had an expired registration date. An officer approached Hill on the passenger side of the car.

Hill voluntarily exited the car and then attempted to run. The officer ran after him, grabbing his shirt. Hill pulled away, losing his shirt.

After being stunned, Hill was then found with 3 ounces of powder cocaine, according to the report. 

Officers found one bag in Hill’s shorts pocket and two others in his underwear. 

After questioning, Hill admitted to owning the 1 gram of marijuana inside the car. However, he did not make any statements regarding the cocaine, according to the report.

Officers booked Hill into the Alachua County Jail at about 8 p.m. on Tuesday. As of press time, his bond is set at $120,000.

[A version of this story ran on page 4 on 6/19/2014 under the headline "Man arrested with cocaine in underwear"]