<p>Chance Wolf (center) jumps in celebration after scoring his first goal for the UF club ice hockey team.</p>

Chance Wolf (center) jumps in celebration after scoring his first goal for the UF club ice hockey team.

Gainesville Police are investigating the death of a 20-year-old UF student after he fell six stories from an apartment balcony Sunday morning.

At about 2 a.m. Sunday, police and fire rescue found Chance W. Wolf unconscious and without a pulse at Social 28 Apartments on Southwest 13th Street, GPD spokesman Officer Ben Tobias wrote in an email.

Police gave Wolf CPR until Alachua County Fire Rescue Services arrived and drove him to UF Health Shands Hospital, Tobias said.

At about 2:35 a.m., Wolf was pronounced dead.

In a review of surveillance footage, Wolf could be seen walking out of an elevator on the sixth floor of the apartment and then passing through the hallway, Tobias said.

After opening a double door overlooking an interior courtyard, Wolf walked toward a 46-inch-high glass partition and appeared to fall over the glass to the ground below.

Due to a Florida statute, the surveillance footage will not be released, Tobias said. No foul play is suspected.

Wolf, a Weston, Florida, native, was a senior telecommunication major, UF spokesman Steve Orlando wrote in an email.

He was also a member of UF’s club ice hockey team. He wore the number 10.

Last week against the University of Miami, Wolf scored his first ever goal for the team one of many memories mentioned as dozens of his friends said goodbye on his Facebook page.

“I'm glad you got your first goal before you went,” Matt Girello, who plays hockey for UF, wrote on Facebook. “The world lost a great person and a better friend.”  

Contact Martin Vassolo at mvassolo@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @martindvassolo