A Gainesville man was arrested on Wednesday after allegedly having 14 grams of weed in his car, along with prescription pills.

Police arrested 26-year-old Theodore White on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession of less than 20 grams of weed, not having a valid driver’s license and leaving the scene.

White was driving a car eastbound on West University Avenue and hit another car, creating about $3,000 in damage to the car, according to a police report. White did not stop and continued driving eastbound on West University Avenue.

An officer located the car White was driving at the Gainesville Regional Airport.

After questioning, White told officers he drove the car but said a car backed into his. A records check showed that White did not currently have a valid driver’s license, according to the report.

An officer saw a plastic baggie containing 14 grams of weed laying on the driver’s floorboard. Underneath the weed baggie, an officer found a small plastic baggie containing tablets later found to be Xanax pills.

After questioning, White admitted to possession of the weed and 25 Xanax pills. White said he uses them both for personal use.

Officers booked him into the Alachua County Jail about 1:15 a.m. on Wednesday. He was released Wednesday at about 12:25 p.m.

[A version of this story ran on page 4 on 6/11/2014 under the headline "Man allegedly hit car, found with weed, pills"]