Gainesville Police arrested two men Thursday morning for ramming into a dealership’s gate and attempting to steal a car.

At about 3:15 a.m., police found Jachuary Flowers, 19, and James E. Boykin, 18, after receiving a call about the men tampering with the rear gate of the Gainesville Buick GMC dealership, located at 2101 N. Main St., according to a GPD news release.

An officer drove up to the dealership in time to see a car smash into the rear gate in an attempt to get inside, according to the release. The driver ran away, and officers set up a large perimeter.

Officers later found Flowers in the alley behind Bohannon’s 1 Stop on North Main Street, according to the release. Boykin was later found trying to hide in front of Florida Pest Control, located at 116 NW 16th Ave.

The two had gone into the GMC dealership’s service center, taking the key box and entering several cars. They also removed the tags from three cars, according to the release.

Flowers had sunglasses and power cords in his pocket, taken from a car at Bill’s Low Cost Transmissions and Automotive Repair, according to the release.

Police arrested both men on charges of burglary of an unoccupied structure and petty theft. Authorities took them to the Alachua County Jail, where Boykin is being held as of press time without bond and Flowers on a $400 bond.