Gainesville Police arrested a woman Sunday morning after she flipped her car and crashed into a building while drunken driving.

Officers arrested 21-year-old Amy Cecilia Lindroth on charges of DUI damage to a person or property, according to an arrest report.

At about 4:20 a.m., a witness heard tires screeching and saw a silver Saturn heading south on Northwest 13th Street. The car flipped and struck the lighted business sign for Orion Wells CPA, then crashed into a building, according to the report.

The witness ran to the car and found Lindroth hanging upside down by her seatbelt. He helped Lindroth out of her car, then asked if she was OK, according to the report.

The officer noticed she had bloodshot, watery eyes and dilated pupils. Afterward, the officer began a criminal investigation for a DUI.

The officer asked her several times if she was injured, and she didn’t complain of an injury. She was still taken to the emergency room at UF Health Shands and cleared by medical staff, according to the report. Her BAC levels were .163 and .177, according to the report.

Officers booked Lindroth into the Alachua County Jail at about noon. As of press time, her bond has not been set.

[A version of this story ran on page 5 on 4/21/2014 under the headline "Woman charged with DUI after crashing into building"]