A Gainesville man was arrested Sunday after police said he drank a stolen beer in a CVS bathroom just 12 hours after officers had issued him a sworn complaint for exposing his penis to a woman outside of the same drugstore.

At about 9:30 a.m., a store manager saw Randy H. Colby urinating in front of the CVS on 1621 SW 13th St., Gainesville Police spokesman Officer Ben Tobias wrote in an email. 

When the manager went outside to confront the 53-year-old about peeing in front of a plate glass window, Colby turned around to face the female employee while his penis was exposed. Tobias said the man made no effort to cover himself. 

Colby was inebriated and was transported to the hospital because of his intoxicated state, Tobias said. 

Because state law requires an officer to witness the exposure of sexual organs to make an arrest, police filed a sworn complaint against Colby in place of a physical arrest. The responding officer also issued Colby a trespass warning.

After being discharged from the hospital, Colby returned to the CVS at about 9:30 p.m., despite being issued the warning. Police said he was found in the store’s bathroom drinking a stolen $4 Natural Ice beer, a report said. 

Colby told police he was consuming the stolen beer in the bathroom so he did not have to pay for it. 

He was arrested on charges of petit theft and trespassing. 

A Gainesville man was arrested for driving under the influence after police said he was found passed out behind the wheel of his vehicle early Sunday morning. 

Robert C. Barth, 21, was driving near 1125 SE Fourth St. at about 6 a.m. before he was seen passed out in his car. The car was still in drive and his foot was still on the accelerator, a report said. A curb prevented his black Hyundai Veloster from traveling farther off the road. 

Officers found one 12-ounce can of Pabst Blue Ribbon and one 23.5-ounce can of fruit-punch-flavored Four Loko — both still cool to the touch, police said.

Barth performed poorly on field sobriety exercises and showed obvious signs of impairment, including bloodshot eyes, dilated pupils and slurred speech, the report said. He gave breath samples of .227 and .218. The legal limit is 0.08. 

Barth was charged with DUI and released Monday at about 11:30 a.m. on his own recognizance.