Gainesville Police arrested a local woman early Friday after she reportedly hid cocaine in her vagina and marijuana in her purse.

Just before 1 a.m., Tonia Watson, 34, was a passenger in a silver Kia driving on Northwest Sixth Street. Police stopped the car for weaving between lanes, according to a police report.

When officers spoke with Watson, she told them she had marijuana in her black leather purse. After searching the purse, police found a bag with about 2.3 grams of weed, a 2-inch straw and a bag with cocaine residue.

Watson was then arrested, according to the report. When police asked Watson if she had any more cocaine on her, she said, “I have some on me,” and told police she had a bag of cocaine hidden in her vagina.

Police took Watson to the Alachua County Jail, where she removed a plastic bag with about 0.8 grams of cocaine and a 2-inch-long straw from her vagina.

“Sometimes folks think that officers will not search these areas,” GPD spokesman Officer Ben Tobias wrote in an email. “But we know that it is a common place for hiding contraband.”

Police charged Watson with possession of a controlled substance and possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana. She was released from jail Friday night after meeting a $14,000 bond.

[A version of this story ran on page 8 on 2/16/2015 under the headline “Woman charged for possession of drugs hidden in purse, vagina"]