Gainesville Police arrested a local woman Wednesday after officers said she robbed a gas station and fought with employees.

According to an arrest report, Cheryl Renee Pierce, 33, walked into the Chevron located at 1024 W. University Ave. at about 2:45 p.m. then walked behind the counter. When the clerk and an employee asked her to leave, Pierce agreed, but took $187 in cash that was on the counter. 

When the two clerks tried to stop her, Pierce pushed them and continued to walk out, according to the report. When a third clerk arrived, she began punching and pushing the clerks.

Officers arrested Pierce on charges of robbery, aggravated battery and larceny. As of press time, she remained at the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $100,000 bond.

*** 

Gainesville Police arrested a man Thursday after officers said he stabbed his father in the neck.

According to an arrest report, Wendell Lamar Wright, 32, started fighting with his father at about 2:10 a.m. because his father refused to allow someone to stay overnight at their home, located at 1035 SW Ninth St. According to the report, Wright grabbed a knife, stabbed his dad in the neck and ran from the apartment. Police then found him hiding in the bushes.

Officers arrested Wright on a domestic aggravated assault charge. As of press time, he remained at the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $250,000 bond.

***

Gainesville Police arrested an Alachua man Thursday evening who officers said robbed a Kangaroo gas station.

According to an arrest report, Christopher Charles Pugh, 31, entered the gas station located at 2320 SW Archer Road and appeared to fill out a lottery ticket. He then showed the clerk the ticket, which read “Put the money in the bag."

The clerk placed $69.45 in a plastic bag and handed it to Pugh, who then ordered the clerk to exit the store in front of him and act as if she was smoking a cigarette.

Police later found Pugh at 2300 Old Archer Road with the plastic bag containing the cash.

Officers arrested Pugh on a robbery charge. He remained as of press time at the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $125,000 bond.

***

Police arrested a Gainesville man Sunday afternoon after he broke into his neighbor’s house.

Carnell Hawthorne, 30, entered Samuel Keith’s house, located at 1218 NW 44th Ave., at about 5:30 p.m. through an unlocked door, according to a Gainesville Police arrest report. Keith asked Hawthorne if he was OK and Hawthorne responded, “I’m home, I’m coming in.”

Keith pushed Hawthorne out of his house, according to the report. Hawthorne then hit Keith’s car and ran to his own home.

When police arrived, Hawthorne asked for a second reading of his rights before telling the officer that he was Jesus and had come from the future, according to a report.

Officers charged him with burglary and resisting an officer without violence. He remained as of press time at the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $30,000 bond.