crime tape
crime tape

Gainesville police are searching for an unknown assailant who held a man at gunpoint between 1000 and 1400 NW 13th St. Monday night.

Gainesville police are actively searching for the armed robber, who was identified by the victim as a 5-foot-9 black man weighing 150-170 pounds with short hair and facial hair, according to the report. The suspect was wearing black jeans, a blue tank top, a white T-shirt and black Nikes.

At around 10:30 p.m., the victim was walking north of Applebee’s, on 1005 NW 13th St., when he encountered the unknown suspect somewhere between 1000 and 1400 NW 13th St., according to the report.

The suspect reportedly pulled out a snub nose .38 caliber handgun, demanded money and went through the victim’s pockets taking cash, according to the report.

The victim said he called 911 25 minutes later due to fear.

“There are no reports of injury to the victim,” GPD spokesperson Officer Ben Tobias said.

The suspect was last seen heading southbound on Northwest 13th Street from the Applebee’s

Follow Devoun Cetoute on Twitter @devoun_cetoute and contact him at dcetoute@alligator.org.