<p>Christopher Robert Fox</p>

Christopher Robert Fox

A Gainesville man was arrested Thursday morning after police said he shared and downloaded child pornography.

Christopher Robert Fox, 36, told police who searched his home Thursday he deleted a file containing child pornography he downloaded after he realized what it was, according to a Gainesville Police arrest report. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children received a tip from the social media website Tumblr on Jan. 8 about three images and one video of suspected child pornography. The tip also included the IP address from the computer that shared the video, according to the report.

GPD said it determined the IP address belonged to a computer that uses an internet plan belonging to Fox’s roommate.

Fox told police the Tumblr account was his, according to the report. He did not remember the video but if it was uploaded to his account it would have been by him, he said.

When police searched Fox’s laptop, they found a downloaded video of child pornography, according to the report. Fox told police he downloaded the file but deleted it after realizing it was child pornography.

Fox was arrested on a charge of promoting a photo or movie of a sexual performance by a child and taken to the Alachua County Jail where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $75,000 bond.

Contact Robert Lewis at rlewis@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter at @Lewis__Robert

Christopher Robert Fox