The UF Greek community announced new additions to its family Wednesday.

After weeks of presentations, one of three petitioning sororities was selected for the UF Multicultural Greek council, and two of three sororities petitioning the UF Panhellenic Council were chosen.

The two Panhellenic sororities selected were Gamma Phi Beta and Alpha Phi. Gamma Phi Beta will be on campus Fall 2015 and Alpha Phi in Fall 2017.

“We women are thrilled to make our council stronger over the years to come, and I am honored to have began this process with my executive board this year,” wrote UF Panhellenic president Kelsey Torgerson in an email.

Torgerson said the expansion process for the Multicultural Greek and Panhellenic councils will be beneficial to the Greek community.

“The support from the current 16 Panhellenic chapters will be nothing but positive when Gamma Phi Beta and Alpha Phi come to our campus,” she said.

Sigma Sigma Rho Sorority Inc., an Asian interest group from the Multicultural Greek Council, will start in Spring of 2015.

Program coordinator for the Department of Student Activities and Involvement Betsy Adams said the sororities were selected based on their potential success on UF’s campus.

“I’m very excited that they are joining The Gator Nation,” Adams said.