Gainesville resident Mary Ann Cofrin gave $30,000 to Matheson History Museum because she wanted to keep the city’s history alive.
Michelle Belanger wants to win a pumpkin carving contest and donate the $10,000 prize to build a public, handicapped-accessible playground at Southwest Methodist United Church.
With a gray, beaded skull in his left hand, a percussion instrument made of fake goat toes in his right hand and mumbled versus of Tibetan throat singing, George “Fodder” O’Brien brought a mock exorcism of Richard Spencer to a chilling end Monday night.
Local & National Stories
- First Magnitude hosts fundraiser for queer history project
- Lucky’s hosts pie-eating contest, pumpkin decorating
- Civic Media Center to celebrate its 24th anniversary
- Yoga studio hosts Harry Potter-themed yoga class
- Ticket distribution days announced for Spencer event
- GFR hosts 11th annual trick-or-treat, safety event for kids
- Sports league hosts dog kickball
- City golf course reopens
- All-female bike class teaches empowering essentials
- UF alumnus plans Gainesville music history museum
- New housing to be built in East Gainesville
- Gainesville doctor cusses out patient
- Tatu Sushi Bar and Lounge reopens
- UF student hospitalized after scooter accident