An agitated patient at UF Health Shands Psychiatric Hospital on Thursday destroyed nearly $14,000 of equipment, deputies said.
In what some consider the most dangerous state for bicycling in the country, Gainesville has been ranked the most bicycle-friendly city in Florida.
Local & National Stories
- Gainesville painter and UF Arts in Medicine pioneer, to hold farewell exhibit
- For National Public Lands Day, local park to waive entry fee
- 101 Cantina files countersuit for damages after receiving eviction notice
- ‘I’m tired of the dialogue’
- Local triathlon for kids to raise money for children’s charity
- GPD seeks owner of 16 marijuana plants
- Residents voice concerns over GPD burglary initiative
- Exams, not sex: UF students change anti-Tennessee sign after complaints to GPD
- A 20-year buzz: Grog House celebrates anniversary
- GPD officers wait tables for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Going for g(old): athletes to participate in Senior Games
- Alachua County Dept. of Health offers flu shots
- The Social at Midtown to open with 38 beers on tap, rooftop dining area in October
- Power of the purr: Therapy cat at advocacy center comforts kids