Four inmates of a Union County prison were taken to UF Health Shands Hospital after a piece of a bathroom ceiling fell on five inmates Tuesday, Florida Department of Corrections said.
Despite receiving a cease and desist letter Jan. 17, organizers still plan to hold a pirate-themed protest Friday afternoon against Congressman Ted Yoho’s campaign contributors.
After 27 years spread out in five suites inside a medical center, Comprehensive Women’s Health will build its own 24,000-square-foot facility to keep up with increased demand.
A year after women marched in Washington, D.C., following President Donald Trump’s inauguration, protesters put back on their pink-knitted hats, picked up handwritten signs and marched down West University Avenue on Sunday afternoon.
Local & National Stories
- It started in an apartment, two students and a bunch of cookie dough. It’s now a Gainesville favorite.
- UF mobile clinic offers checkups for about 25 people
- Feminists gather to commemorate Roe v. Wade
- Four months after Hurricane Irma damaged it, this park just reopened
- UF students plan to participate in Women’s March
- Thousands of Puerto Rican students relocate to Florida, report says
- A new office and research building is under construction near Infinity Hall
- Florida Senate bill suggests expanding free speech to anywhere outdoors on campus
- Alachua County asks public what to do with old YMCA space
- Florida Senate approves bill to permanently expand Bright Futures
- To help Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria, Gainesville residents danced to raise money
- Third House Books promotes community-building through art and creativity
- At Gainesville City Hall, group protests public funds being used to support fossil fuels
- Santa Fe College could see changes if bill becomes law