About 100 people joined the former mayor of Gainesville on Tuesday to fundraise for the Wild Spaces and Public Places amendment at Swamp Head Brewery.
A panel of four street artists from across the country spoke to a crowd of about 20 people Tuesday at the Civic Media Center, discussing how their murals have changed the fabrics of urban communities.
Local & National Stories
- Shoe designer Steve Madden tells of the making of his brand.
- Bernie supporters protest Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s GNV visit
- New beer garden, large turnout at annual Bat Festival
- Organization offers students a ride to early-voting poll
- A day of pride: Thousands attend LGBTQ+ celebration in Gainesville
- Civil War re-enactors face off at Battle of Gainesville
- Dachshund derby raises $5,000 for cancer patients
- US Sen. Bill Nelson visits Gainesville
- ‘This is how I make my living:’ A look at Florida’s annual alligator hunt
- Sanders supporters to protest Wasserman-Schultz’s Gainesville visit
- Winn-Dixie donates 250 Gators football tickets to local families
- Local cookie-delivery business raising money for permanent store
- Sparky’s journey: Five years later, a cat returns home
- ‘Nasty woman’ and ‘puppet’: Clinton, Trump clash in final debate