The City of Gainesville, a former Gainesville Police chief and a former GPD officer are being sued for allegations related to the secret videotaping of several women, some of whom were naked while they were filmed.

Attorney Cherie Fine filed the suit on behalf of Theresa Loree Henson, a Gainesville resident in 2007 and 2008. Henson is among seven people who were identified as being taped by former officer Brett Robison, according to court documents.

The complaint states that Robison taped Henson without her knowledge or permission while she was naked in her Landing Apartments bedroom.

Documents state Robison used the Driver and Vehicle Information Database to look up Henson's address. He drove to her apartment in a patrol car while in uniform and on duty, the documents state.

The action is for damages in excess of $15,000, which includes Henson's pain and suffering, mental anguish and loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life.

The complaint states the city and former police chief, Norman Botsford, should have foreseen and prevented officers' inappropriate use of the database system. A woman who was in a relationship with Robison found DVDs that had recordings of women who were dressing in their apartments, according to court documents.