ULTA brings budget-friendly beauty products to Gainesville

Despite the competition, ULTA Beauty’s newest location is doing well after one month of business.

ULTA Beauty, a discount beauty supply store and salon, opened its second North Central Florida location when it expanded to Gainesville earlier this fall.

The nationwide chain has 39 locations across Florida, including one in Ocala. It opened shop at 6843 W. Newberry Road in the Oaks Square Shopping Center on Oct. 19.

“We’re very happy with the response that we’ve had so far,” said Keith Trotter, store manager. “More than anything, our customers are happy to have an ULTA in the area.”

The shop aims to provide a space where people can get all of the materials they need to feel beautiful, Trotter said. ULTA primarily sells makeup, skin care products and hair products.

While the store is near the Oaks Mall, it isn’t inside the mall.

“We like to stay out of malls because our business model is about convenience,” he said.

Gianna DiFrancesco, a 24-year-old UF chemistry graduate student, said she was excited that ULTA had arrived in Gainesville.

She said the store is more affordable on a college student’s budget than Sephora, a beauty store that has a location inside The Oaks Mall.