A Gainesville man was arrested early Monday after he was accused of burglary and said he’d been running on a trail.

Officers found a 13-year-old boy hiding in some bushes near Creeks Edge Condominiums, according to a Gainesville Police arrest report.

Then, they saw a man later identified as 19-year-old Kyeem Wilson running from a dark treeline.

When officers found Wilson, his shin was bleeding, and he had dirt and plant matter on his shoes, according to the report.

Wilson told officers he had gone for a run near Gainesville High School and had jogged down a trail, according to the report.

But the statement raised officers’ suspicions.

“Going for a run through a dark wooded trail minutes before midnight is not usual for law-abiding individuals,” wrote arresting officer Aaron Stemen.

Later, the 13-year-old said he and Wilson went into an unlocked apartment and took a laptop off the couch and an MP3 player from a car, according to the report.

Officers found the computer in a duffle bag.

So far, no victims have come forward, according to the report.

Wilson was arrested on a charge of loitering and prowling and taken to the Alachua County Jail, where he was later released.

A version of this story ran on page 4 on 9/18/2013 under the headline "Man arrested for loitering, prowling"