New pizza restaurant offers late-night delivery, drive thru

A new drive-thru restaurant is serving up Italian cuisine.

After 15 years of wanting to open his own Italian restaurant, owner Chuck Germond’s dream came true when he opened A Perfect Pie. 

It had its grand opening Tuesday.

“The one thing that I found is that the pizza in Gainesville is not like the pizza back home in New York,” Germond said.

A Perfect Pie, located at 1818 NE Waldo Road, offers a menu that includes a variety of appetizers, pizza, salads, chicken wings, burgers, subs and pasta, among other things.

The restaurant offers drive-thru, pick-up and delivery options, and all ingredients used are fresh and locally sourced, Germond said.

Not having sit-down dining space allows Germond to offer low prices and fast service.

“I’m here to give back to the community. I don’t want to take their money,” Germond said. “I just want to offer them something that they don’t have.”

J.M. Dyas, the restaurant’s public relations specialist, said he was both nervous and excited for opening day.

“Everybody seems incredibly happy, and every single person that has come up has just seemed ecstatic that we’re actually open on this side of town,” Dyas said.

A Perfect Pie is open Monday through Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 1 a.m. and Thursday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 a.m

• The Tailgator: a sheet-sized pizza that ranges from $15.99 to $25.99 depending on the toppings
  • Two cheese or garlic slices and a 20 ounce fountain drink for $4.25
  • Large, one-topping pizza, 12 chicken wings and a two-liter soda for $20.95