Gainesville restaurants are selling grilled chicken sandwiches with fries for $5 until Sunday.

The city’s second annual Grilled Chicken Week started Monday, and a coupon is available on the Gift Certificates and More app.

Gator’s Dockside, Texas Roadhouse, Cairo Grille, Napolatano’s Restaurant, Chomps Sports Grill, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s and TGI Fridays are included in the promotion.

“Since we’re 100 percent digital, and since it’s gift certificates — literally free money — it hasn’t been that challenging to get students,”said Kevin Awe, the marketing director for the app. “I think more students like the quality of our service, so they are coming on board.”  

He said people must first create a free account on the app, and the coupon is listed under a category for Grilled Chicken Week.

However, not everyone is excited about the discount.

Manny Rutinel, the vice president of UF’s Student Animal Alliance, said he does not support coupons for animal products. Rutinel, a 21-year-old UF microbiology and economics senior, said he believes animal products are bad for people, animals and the environment.

However, Rutinel said the promotion will not stop him from possibly using the app for vegan-oriented deals.

“I think that helping out companies who are sponsoring vegan products is a great way to encourage them to keep doing that,” he said.

For people who feel otherwise, the coupon is available throughout the week, Awe said.  

“It’s a great deal,” he said.