<p>Lina Mejia (left), 21, and Nicholas Acosta, 22, both UF architecture juniors, eat chips and guacamole at Chipotle on West University Avenue on Sept. 1, 2015.&nbsp;</p>

Lina Mejia (left), 21, and Nicholas Acosta, 22, both UF architecture juniors, eat chips and guacamole at Chipotle on West University Avenue on Sept. 1, 2015. 

UF is still on the waiting list for Chipotle delivery.

A new partnership between Chipotle and Tapingo, a mobile commerce app, will begin taco and burrito bowl delivery to 40 university campuses nationwide by the end of fall, but UF has yet to make the list.

Neither the Chipotle on Archer Road nor West University Avenue was chosen for delivery services to UF students. 

Chipotle did not make the decision about which universities would initially receive delivery, Danielle Winslow, a Chipotle public relations and communications manager, wrote in an email.

“Since this delivery service is offered through Tapingo, they decide which universities to expand to and when,” Winslow said.

A number of factors were considered for the initial list, such as Tapingo’s relationship with the campus and the app’s operations and logistics, Leanne Reis, public relations manager at Tapingo, wrote in an email.

“Our goal is to extend our services to all students, and we hope to be at UF ASAP,” Reis said.

Students who use the Tapingo app will be charged an average of $2.99 for delivery with no other service fee.  According to Reis, the average delivery time is 25 minutes between placing an order and getting food and a receipt.

For 19-year-old UF political science and women’s studies sophomore Lillian Rozsa, the price for ordering Chipotle is a little high but the serving size and accessibility make up for the expense.

“My friends talked about wishing they delivered last year, and now it’s almost a reality,” Rozsa said.