Jimmy John’s debuts new restaurant

Jimmy John’s opened its third Gainesville location in December, and it’s freaky-fast business as always.

The new location, located at 4123 NW 16th Blvd., sports a more modern look than the other two shops in town, owner Ramsey Roe said. 

The quick-service sub shop began catering to local businesses and surrounding neighborhoods in the area Dec. 9, he said.

Roe also owns the other two locations at 2220 SW Archer Road and 1724 W. University Ave. 

He said he loves Gainesville and will further expand the franchise if the opportunity presents itself.

“We’ve been here for a while, and there’s room to grow in Gainesville,” Roe said. “Sales are strong, and we are happy.”

John Burks, a 22-year-old civil engineering senior, said he orders Jimmy John’s once a week — unless it’s exam time, when it jumps up to three times a week.

“The fact that we can get it under five minutes is ridiculous,” Burks said. “Besides the speed, I like the options you can get.”

He orders from the West University Avenue location, but said he would order from the new one if it arrived just as fast.

“It’s extremely convenient,” Burks said. “It’s one of the first options people think about.”

[A version of this story ran on page 8 on 1/9/2015 under the headline “Jimmy John's debuts new restaurant"]