‘Nacho Valentine’s Day’ to be held at Chuy’s today

tortilla chips
tortilla chips

If your ideal valentine is a sink full of tortilla chips, Chuy’s is the place to go.

With 100.5 The Buzz, Chuy’s restaurant, located at 3410 SW Archer Road, is hosting its first “Nacho Valentine” event, said Kevin McKay, the program director for the radio station. Today, from noon to 2 p.m., participants can plunge their hands deep into a sink filled with tortilla chips for the chance to pull out one of 14 prizes.

Those who brave the sink can win sunglasses, a beanbag bed or concert tickets to see Panic! At the Disco, Bastille or Welcome to Rockville, McKay said. The grand prize is tickets to see Twenty One Pilots in Tampa on Feb. 28.

“A lot of promotions around Valentine’s Day are all lovey-dovey stuff, so cliché,” he said.

McKay said the goal was to host an event that both couples and singles can enjoy.

During the event, Chuy’s will offer 10 percent off nachos and tres leches cakes, said Sakura Yonemaru, a manager at Chuy’s. Happy hour pricing will also apply to raspberry margaritas.

She said they have hosted events with the radio station before, and the events usually draw a large turnout.

“We were looking to do something fun and funky,” she said.

Each year McKay hosts seasonal events. In May, he celebrated Cinco De Mayo at Chuy’s with a similar event, called “Sinko De Mayo,” in which participants sloshed around in a sink filled with mayonnaise to win one of 21 prizes.

McKay said about 150 people came to the event in May, but he’s hoping for more than 200 today.

“It definitely won’t be as messy as the mayonnaise,” he said.