Floridians can head out to the polls today to vote in the primaries for the November elections.

Offices on the ballot include governor, attorney general, U.S. representatives, circuit and county judges, county commissioners and school board members.

Residents of Alachua County were able to vote early from Aug. 16 to Saturday, with a record 5,690 votes cast in the gubernatorial race, said Pam Carpenter, the county’s supervisor of elections. 

Elections graphic map

One of the polling locations is the Reitz Union. Despite renovations,  Reitz Union Assistant Director of Operations Tara Siler said they have set aside a location in the first-floor lounge area. 

“We’ve done it in that location before, and it hasn’t caused an issue,” she said. “And it always depends on what’s on the ballot each time as to what kind of traffic we get.”

Carpenter said students can avoid any trouble at the polls by checking votealachua.com. They need to have their address up-to-date and show up at the correct voting location, which is printed on their voter information card. They also need a form of ID such as a driver’s license. 

If students have completed absentee ballot but haven’t mailed them, they need to drop them off at the Supervisor of Elections office.  

[A version of this story ran on page 1 on 8/26/2014 under the headline "Fla primary elections today"]