Vive Delivery will caffeinate on the go Mondays through Fridays

<p class="p1">Daniel Varona, CEO and co-founder of Vive Delivery, and DJ Staub, president and co-founder, get up close and personal with their Vive equipment.</p>

Daniel Varona, CEO and co-founder of Vive Delivery, and DJ Staub, president and co-founder, get up close and personal with their Vive equipment.

oused on the first floor of The Swamp Restaurant, a new coffee delivery service will soon cycle java to students.

Vive Delivery will quelch coffee cravings via bicycle deliveries starting next month, replacing the void GoJoe left after the company went on hiatus following Spring semester.

Deliveries will run Mondays through Fridays from 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

“I noticed so many times that line outside of Starbucks going out the door, and students frustrated having to go out of their way to get their coffee,” said Vive’s co-founder, DJ Staub. “I heard so many complaints.”

The 22-year-old UF food science and human nutrition senior decided to start the business with Daniel Varona, a UF alumnus.

“If I was going to work 100 hours a week, I wasn’t going to do it for anyone else,” Varona said.

The student-based company offers three different types of coffee: a light roast called Eyes Wide Open, Vive’s Medium House Blend and Premium Brazilian Dark Roast. All three cost $2.99 each including tax and delivery fees. Orders can be placed through Vive’s mobile application, its website or a telephone call.  

Unlike GoJoe, Staub said Vive personalizes each cup of coffee.

“It’s going to be slow with this first location opening up,” he said.

But in the next four years, Staub and Varona plan to expand their business to 10 different college campuses in the Southeast.

UF psychology senior Iman Bouryou said she would be interested in Vive for the convenience.

“A great aspect of this is that I can order through an app so I don’t have to stand in a long Starbucks line at the Reitz or Library West,” the 21-year-old said.