GoJoe graduates unsure about company’s future

Students looking for a cup of joe on campus no longer have the convenience of coffee delivery.

GoJoe, a campus coffee delivery service, has come to a standstill after its two owners graduated from UF in May.

Students now have to stick it through the long lines for a cup of coffee on campus. 

The service’s app, first released in January, allowed students to pay for coffee and have it delivered to them wherever they were on campus.

With coffee backpacks fully equipped with cream and sugar, GoJoe employees delivered the coffee. 

GoJoe co-founder Marcus Calpakis, a 21-year-old information systems and economics UF alumnus, said now the options are either to sell the company to UF or another campus or to let it go altogether.

“When we opened it up back in January we had a very good demand, but unfortunately not enough of a demand to continue after graduation,” Calpakis said.

Natalie Lamb, a 20-year-old UF geology junior, said she drinks one or two cups of coffee every morning. 

“If coffee was delivered right to where you were, it would be an awesome idea for people in a study group or people in the library,” Lamb said.