Road closures across Gainesville announced

The City of Gainesville Public Works Department announced Thursday that several roads and lanes in the city will be closed this weekend, with some closures lasting longer.

Among the closures are the following:

Beginning at 7 a.m. Saturday, Northwest Eighth Avenue will be completely closed between Northwest 23rd Street and Northwest 34th Street, near Hogtown Creek Headwaters Nature Park. Closures will last until Monday morning, according to a statement issued by the department.

For at least the remainder of August, there will be temporary lane closures on Southwest 12th Street to allow for milling, repaving and re-striping of affected areas of the roadway, according to the statement.

For about four more weeks, Northwest 14th Street will be closed between West University Avenue and Northwest Third Avenue, near Burrito Bros. Taco Co. This is to install a new sewer line and other utilities upgrades for construction of the Standard development project, according to the statement.

Until February 2018, Northwest 18th Street will be partially blocked between Northwest First Avenue and Northwest Second Avenue, near The Spot, for construction of One College Park Apartments, according to the statement.

All closures are subject to change due to poor weather or other unexpected conditions.

For further updates, residents are encouraged to visit the department’s Facebook page at facebook.com/GainesvillePublicWorks.