Food truck rally now offers options for pets to dine alongside owners

A new addition to the food truck scene made tails wag at High Dive on Saturday. Earth Pets Treat Truck, which caters specifically to canine companions, made its High Dive rally debut alongside other vendors.

Kat Drawdy, the partner of the truck's owner, said the two decided to sell treats out of a car at a duck pond where many locals often walk their dogs, and the idea grew into the food truck. Drawdy said the truck’s best-selling item is the Bacon Peanut Barker frozen yogurt from The Bear & The Rat, a Denver-based small business.

Another popular treat is Bowser Beer, a nonalcoholic drink for dogs that comes in flavors such as Cock-a-Doodle Brew and Beefy Brown Ale. Customers often pair the beer with peanut butter pretzels, she said.

Ashley Gallagher, a Gainesville woman, ordered a pint of frozen yogurt for her boxer, Lexi, and Staffordshire terrier, Buddy.

Now that she knows about the Treat Truck, Gallagher said she would be more inclined to go to future food truck rallies if she knows it will be there.

“It seems pretty reasonably priced,” she said.

A version of this story ran on page 5 on 9/30/2013 under the headline "Food truck rally caters to different breed"