A Gainesville man was arrested Tuesday night after Alachua County Sheriff’s Office deputies alleged he poured beer on a cashier and ate food in the store without paying for it.

Deputies arrested Darius Julius Stacy on charges of battery on a law enforcement officer, damaged property, larceny and resisting an officer, ASO spokesman Art Forgey wrote in an email.

At about 8:30 p.m., Stacy walked into the Kangaroo located at 3423 SE Hawthorne Road to buy cigarillos, which are short, thin cigars.

While the cashier was trying to scan the pack, Stacy pushed it away from the scanner.

He grabbed another pack of cigarillos and left.

A few minutes later, Stacy returned with a beer and poured it on the counter and the cashier, Forgey said.

He left, came back and offered the cashier a cigarillo.

He also drank beer — Heineken and Budweiser — and Pepsi and ate taquitos before walking out again, according to the arrest report.

When a deputy told Stacy to stop, Stacy said, “F*** you,” Forgey wrote.

Stacy reached toward his waistband as he was walking away, so the deputy used a Taser on him. Afterward, he kicked another deputy in the face.

The Kangaroo’s manager said the store will press charges for theft, according to the report.

Stacy was taken to the Alachua County Jail at about 10 p.m., where he remained Wednesday night with a $50,000 bond.

Stacy told police he didn’t steal the $14.38 worth of items because he returned it all to the store.

A version of this story ran on page 1 on 10/10/2013 under the headline "Gainesville man stunned, arrested for gas station scene"