Deadline to receive mail-in ballots 5 p.m. today

Registered voters who want to receive mail-in ballots for Tuesday’s election must request them today by 5 p.m., according to a statement issued by Pam Carpenter, the Alachua County supervisor of elections.

Voters may request the ballots by visiting votealachua.com or calling 352-374-5252, according to the statement.

For mail-in votes to count, voters must mail them in five days prior to the election, according to the statement.

Ballots cannot be sent to an address other than the one on file with the Supervisor of Elections Office without approval from the voter, and they can’t be forwarded by the U.S. Postal Service, according to the statement.

All mail-in ballots must be received in the office by 7 p.m. Tuesday, according to the statement. A 24-hour mail-drop box is stationed outside the office, located at 515 N. Main St., Suite 300.

The signatures submitted with ballots must match the signature s on file, according to the statement. Voters can update their signatures by filling out a voter-registration form in person or online.

However, all signature updates must have already been received by the office, according to the statement.

If a voter sends a mail-in ballot without his or her signature included, he or she may submit an affidavit to the elections office by 5 p.m. Monday, according to the statement.