Playboy to host party for charity Friday night

This year, people going to the Florida-Georgia game can participate in the "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" with Playmates.

For the first time, Playboy will host the Girls of the SEC Florida-Georgia Pregame Party on Friday in Jacksonville. It will benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

The party, held at River City Brewing Company, will let Florida-Georgia fans meet promotional models and Playmates for photo opportunities.

The event will feature past and present Playmates along with music by DJ Infader.

The event was encouraged by the popularity of Playboy's college issue, "Girls of the SEC."

"Playboy's college pictorials have been one of the most-talked about and popular pictorials in the magazine," said Catherine Walker, Playboy publicist, "so we were delighted to run photos of some of the most beautiful SEC coeds again this year."

Dave Berg and Matt Richardson, event producers, said they hope this event becomes an annual way to celebrate Florida-Georgia weekend and raise breast cancer awareness as the game falls in October, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Richardson said he was encouraged to reach out to Playboy after years of working with charity fundraisers.

"Every year we want to change it up and make it refreshing," he said.

Tickets for the event start at $25 general admission for access to River City Brewing Company's cash bar, gift bags, hors d'oeuvres and a laminate badge. VIP tickets cost $100 and include martinis and beer all night, Playmate magazine signings, photo opportunities, valet parking passes and a round-trip taxi service. Passes can be purchased through www.wepay.com/tickets/view/12798.