<p>Pedro Bravo, 19, is led into the courtroom by Alachua County Sheriff’s Office deputies during Tuesday’s case management hearing at the Alachua County Courthouse.</p>

Pedro Bravo, 19, is led into the courtroom by Alachua County Sheriff’s Office deputies during Tuesday’s case management hearing at the Alachua County Courthouse.

With the impending retirement of the Alachua County judge presiding over the Pedro Bravo case, state prosecutors said they planned to submit a motion for review by the new judge in the summer.

During the Tuesday hearing, prosecutors said a pretrial and discovery schedule motion would be filed with Judge Martha Lott’s successor. Lott is scheduled to retire May 31, and the next case management hearing is set for June 11.

The decision once again delayed the case, which began seven months ago when Christian Aguilar was reported missing.

Bravo, the 19-year-old Santa Fe College student accused of murdering Aguilar in September, faces multiple felony and misdemeanor charges, including premeditated murder — a capital offense.

Darry Lloyd, spokesman for the 8th Judicial Circuit of the State Attorney’s Office, couldn’t say when a trial would be set.

“We would hope it will be this year,” he said.

If the motion passes, Lloyd said attorneys on both sides will plan depositions for witnesses and investigators as well as begin to review evidence.

Aguilar’s family and supporters — most of who drove up from Doral to attend — wore white T-shirts with a photo of Aguilar and “Justice For Chris” written at the bottom.

Aguilar’s father, Carlos Aguilar, said he was disappointed with the delays and the case’s slow progression.

“It’s devastating for our family and completely frustrating for us,” he said.

Contact Chris Alcantara at calcantara@alligator.org.