<p>Representatives from Summit Holdings, Inc. speak to a student about the different opportunities at their company. Summit was one of the hundreds of firms and organizations present at Career Showcase in the Stephen C. O'Connell Center on Tuesday morning.</p>

Representatives from Summit Holdings, Inc. speak to a student about the different opportunities at their company. Summit was one of the hundreds of firms and organizations present at Career Showcase in the Stephen C. O'Connell Center on Tuesday morning.

With the annual Career Showcase around the corner, students can stock up on their resumes.

Students will be able to print 25 copies of their resume for free at the Student Government Graphics and Copy Center until Wednesday, said Bianca Wilhelm, a student assistant at the copy center. The center is located behind the front desk of the student activities and involvement office on the second floor of the Reitz Union.

Resumes should be brought to the center on a flash drive, or they can be emailed to the copy center when students arrive, Wilhelm said. She recommends people have their resume saved as a PDF document to ensure it prints properly.

Students will need to present their Gator 1 Card when they pick up their resumes, Wilhelm said. Copies can be made in black and white or in color, and students will have a choice between white paper and off-white parchment.

“It’s a little more professional,” Wilhelm said. “ I doesn’t just look like you printed it out at home.”

SG is funding the program, but the cost will be assessed after it ends, Student Body President Ian Green wrote in an email.

The program will allow students to bring copies of their resume to the upcoming Career Showcase Tuesday and Wednesday. Regardless of personal circumstances, students should have the opportunity present a copy of their resume to potential employers, Green said.

“Students already have so much to worry about during the job search process, SG is here to make it a little easier by providing free resume printing,” Green said.

Michael Arnold, a 20-year-old UF industrial and systems engineering junior, will be attending UF’s Career Showcase for the first time next week and said he plans to leave employers with his resume.

“The 25 copies are really good so that you can talk to a lot of different people and make sure they’ll have something to remember you by,” he said.

Contact Gillian Sweeney at gsweeney@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @gilliangsweeney