Without the rain holding them back, students wrote ideas to improve UF through Student Government on Wednesday.

Impact Party representatives asked students to share ideas for their upcoming platform from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Turlington Plaza and the North Lawn. Today is the last day of Impact’s platform generation. The platform will likely be released early next week, although an official date has not been set, said Impact Party President Janae Moodie.

“We just want to make sure it’s the best platform for the students,” she said.

Students wrote about improving Student Nighttime Auxiliary Patrol, creating covered scooter parking, bringing more speakers to campus and lowering football ticket prices.

Kasia Wiech, a UF biology freshman, picked up a piece of blue chalk and underlined the phrase “Replace (What is the) Good Life with something useful.”

“I just think it’s a useless course, because I could be doing something else,” the 18-year-old said. “There’s just other ways we could get a humanities credit.”

Dana Daley, an 18-year-old UF political science freshman, wrote that she wants SG to improve lighting on campus at night.

“It’s really not that well-lit,” she said. “I think it could deter things from happening.”

@k_newberg

knewberg@alligator.org