The Swamp Party was the only Student Government party to hold traditional platform generation events this semester.

Swamp candidates and representatives settled into corners of the Plaza of the Americas, Turlington Plaza and near the Reitz Union on Monday and Tuesday to gather ideas from students for their platform. Students could also contribute by tweeting @swamppartyuf with the hashtag #swampcares.

Susan Webster, the Swamp Party spokeswoman, said platform generation is important because it allows access to more student opinions for developing a platform.

“Swamp Party looks to build our platform off of the needs of the students,” she wrote in an email.

During the two days, students inked their ideas onto white concept boards.

Some student ideas called for increased scooter parking, more 24-hour libraries and better laundry options for on-campus students. Other ideas included Gatorade fountains, better SNAP service and bicycle rentals.

Katelynn Brown, a 19-year-old family youth and community science sophomore, added a check mark by an already written idea for more convenient parking options.

“It takes two seconds to write down (your idea) and maybe it will make a difference,” she said.

Lila Stallone, a 20-year-old telecommunication sophomore, also signed the platform board and said she felt her contribution was meaningful.

“It’s important because everyone’s voice can be heard,” she said. “Even if you’re not a representative or in Senate, it gives you an opportunity.”

The two other parties, Students Party and Taco Libre Party, did not participate in the platform generation event.

Alex Klayman, spokesperson for Students Party, said its members will be announcing their platform within the week, and though they did not participate in traditional generation events, student input will drive the platform.

“Too often the result of platform generation is that the parties end up with the same common sense changes on their agenda,” he wrote in an email. “Our party will participate in open platform generation via accepting suggestions at our table/on social media/etc.”

Stephanie Kreitzer, co-president of the Taco Libre Party, said Taco Libre did not participate because they are focused on a single goal — bringing Taco Bell back to campus.

“We believe we will be able to get more accomplished by staying focused on one thing at a time,” she wrote in an email.

[A version of this story ran on page 4 on 2/5/2014 under the headline "One party generates platform"]