Busy students looking to keep up with UF Student Government can now do so with SGTV.

Every Friday night, SG will upload a two- to three-minute video on YouTube to recap what happened in SG that week.

About 380 viewers watched the first episode, which was posted three weeks ago. The videos are produced by Action SG, an agency created to bring transparency and accountability to SG. The program will also be aired on Channel 8, UF’s Resident TV channel.

“The main purpose is to further increase transparency in Student Government,” said Sarah Daly, chairwoman of SGTV. “If you want to know what’s going on in the world of SG, it’s a great way to get information.”

Action SG picks two or three of SG’s most important activities to highlight each week, she said. Daly said she did not know what time the videos would be uploaded or aired on Channel 8.

Daly said there are no costs to create the videos. SG already owns the video equipment and the Adobe Premiere editing software. She said the idea was first conceived by former UF Student Body President Christina Bonarrigo.

“I think SGTV is awesome,” said UF Student Body President Cory Yeffet. “It’s a new, innovative way to reach out to students that we haven’t had before.”