SG voting begins today with polling locations around campus

Voting Locations
Voting Locations

The Spring 2015 elections start today after weeks of heavy campaigning from Access Party and Swamp Party.

Students can vote today and Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Students must bring their Gator 1 Card — or a government-issued photo ID and know their UFID number — in order to vote.

A new Student Body president, vice president and treasurer will be elected along with 50 senators representing colleges and class.

Access’ executive candidates are Joselin Padron-Rasines for Student Body president, Kevin Doan for Student Body vice president and Nicholas Carre for Student Body treasurer.

The executive candidates for Swamp are Joseph Michaels for Student Body president, Tia Smart for Student Body vice president and Hadar Arazi for Student Body treasurer.

UF Supervisor of Elections Hans Rojas said no complaints have been submitted and that setting up for elections has been smooth.

Swamp Party President and spokesman Ricky Salabarria said the party is excited for elections and that he hopes for a high voter turnout.

“We’re just excited that the students are going to have a voice in the decision, and we just want to show them why Swamp Party is the best for them,” he said.

Access President Matthew Hoeck said he hopes every student goes out and votes.

“We just want to make sure that everyone is encouraged to vote, rain or shine,” he said.

To catch up on election coverage, visit alligator.org/sgelections2015.