UF Student Government will host its state of women’s affairs address today from 7 to 9 p.m. in Pugh Ocora.

The event will address the current, past and future climate for women on campus and in Gainesville, said Taylor Novak, the SG Women’s Affairs Cabinet director.

“The meeting will have engaged Student Body members, Gainesville citizens, student organization leaders, campus powers and city officials to talk about what can be done about the marginalization of women,” Novak said.

The event will be a safe space for comments and resolutions, Novak said.

Jeanna Mastrodicasa, the assistant vice president of student affairs, will be delivering the address.

Mastrodicasa will speak about the progress and existing marginalization of feminism on campus and in the Gainesville community.

“One thing I want to address is how many women are elected during Election Day,” Mastrodicasa said.

Representatives from UF groups, including Women’s Student Union, Pride Student Union, Asian-American Student Union and Society of Women Engineers will present at the address, Novak said. Invites were also sent out to Gainesville’s mayor, city manager, City Commission and University Police.

“This will act as a really amazing think tank and will provide students with the opportunity to talk with these experts about what we can do to change the status of women in our community,” said Emily Sell, the assistant director of the SG Women’s Affairs Cabinet.