Read the Health Affairs newletter: a message from SG health secretary

Hey, Gators!

As this Fall semester kicks off to a busy start, I want to share with you the exciting news about the first-ever edition of the Student Government Health Affairs Newsletter. First and foremost, I will be serving as your health affairs secretary in the executive branch of SG this academic year and am striving to increase awareness of our great UF health-related resources while simultaneously increasing their usage and efficiency.

SG has worked and will continue to work closely with GatorWell, the Counseling and Wellness Center, the Disability Resource Center, U Matter, We Care and the Student Health Care Center and strive to make these great health-related programs on our campus the best for The Gator Nation.

Today, I am excited to release the Health Affairs Newsletter to UF. In this newsletter, we will highlight health resources at UF, important health-related student organizations and mission trips, specific cabinet and RecSports events and programs and important health issues affecting our university as well as local and national communities. I, along with the rest of SG, believe awareness and better health resources on campus will concurrently improve the mental and physical health of our Student Body, and I hope you take advantage of this great resource. It will be released the first Monday of every month.

You can check out the newsletter on our SG Facebook page or through the following URL: eepurl.com/chqRMv.

Jonah Stein is a biochemistry senior currently serving as the health affairs secretary in SG.