Hello Gators,

My name is Cory Yeffet, and I am the incoming Student Body president at UF. One of the things I hope to do as president is make Student Government as inclusive and transparent as possible. This coming year presents an exciting opportunity to achieve our goal of becoming a top-10 public institution, and I hope SG can continue to be part of UF’s rise to the top.

Since the election, I have been actively working to prepare for the coming year, and I am excited to announce the opening of applications for positions within the Executive Branch. During my time here at UF, I’ve seen a great number of students make a lasting impact on campus, and I am looking for dedicated individuals who want to work together to strengthen the Gator Nation.

Applications can be found by visiting sg.ufl.edu/applications and clicking the “Executive” link. Position descriptions can be found by visiting sg.ufl.edu/GovernmentBranches/Executive/PositionDescriptions. Applications are due April 4 by 4 p.m.

If there are any questions, feel free to reach out to me or stop by the SG office on the third floor of the Reitz Union.

Go Gators!

[A version of this letter to the editor ran on page 7 on 3/28/2014 under the headline "Rise to top 10"]