Way to miss the point of Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign in Wednesday’s editorial. There are way more worthy things to criticize than the first lady’s efforts to help America become healthier.

The editorial mentions the obstacle to healthier eating is a lack of cheap, healthy foods while in the same breath admitting that it’s just too hard in this economy to pick the healthier choice. I find it disingenuous that the Alligator can’t offer a single suggestion for this situation.

How about we petition Obama to get rid of subsidies for corn, which makes the cheap high fructose corn syrup that finds its way into every processed food? How about we engage with local farmers and support farmers markets and food co-ops? Michelle Obama only wants to use her position to help advertise healthier eating. We all know how much kids are influenced by what they watch on TV. If more people demanded healthy foods, more businesses would meet that need. Congress may even be convinced to subsidize healthy fruits and vegetables. What’s not to like about that? The Alligator should focus more on real issues instead of complaining about not finding time to go to the gym.