Letter to the Editor: Swamp Party sets platform

Dear UF Students,

I am pleased to announce that Swamp Party has officially set its Fall 2014 campaign platform. Our platform was derived from the expressed needs of the students and our candidates’ expertise. It is our belief that our platform accomplishes this student-encompassing ideal through its dynamic and comprehensive nature.

This year’s platform generation was focused on making a better UF. It is a representation of Swamp Party’s continuous hard work toward improving the lives of students at UF. Based off the feedback from the student body, we have come up with three main focuses of our platform: Student Life, Academics, and Safety and Transportation. Each category was created to ensure we are able to meet the needs of students.

Student Government elections take place Tuesday and Wednesday. Our candidates and volunteers will be all over campus, informing students about elections and educating them on our platform. We encourage all students who are interested in finding out more about our platform or have questions to come ask a Swamp Party candidate or volunteer! A more comprehensive list of our platform is available at swamppartyuf.com.

As always, Go Gators!

Katie Backstrand

Swamp Party spokeswoman