Congressman Yoho,

As you are aware, Congress passed House Resolution 2029, “Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016,” appropriating $1.1 trillion for the upcoming year in a bipartisan effort.

American policy-makers have the tremendous ability to impact the support the U.S. gives to other countries. As a result, a significant amount of money may be used to continue U.S. foreign aid to Israel.

UF contains one of the largest Jewish student populations in the country. Providing monetary assistance to Israel for security is a meaningful way for the U.S. to help protect a land special to thousands of those students.

The current commitment to Israel has the U.S. providing $30 billion over a 10-year plan. With the approval of the recent appropriations bill, $3.1 billion will be provided in assistance to Israel for this upcoming year. This will keep the current agreement on track; however the 10-year commitment will conclude in 2018.

As the president of Gators for Israel, I urge you to work with Congress and the next administration in the coming years to ensure that Israel is provided sufficient aid to maintain its national security. Israel is one of our strongest allies in the world, and it is imperative to preserve this long-lasting and bipartisan relationship with the U.S.    

In the coming months of your campaign, Gators for Israel encourages you to keep in mind the upcoming memorandum of understanding as you look to work with Congress and the administration in a bipartisan manner.

Thank you,

Matthew Epstein

President, Gators for Israel